A stair climber helps maintain and enhance your figure mimicking the proven form of exercise, you guessed it, stair-climbing. This article highlights the most useful, economical, as well as adjustable stair climbing machines on the market. Stair climbers are great for toning and building muscles, particularly in the lower body, while also improving cardiovascular fitness, much like the task of climbing stairs does. Now let’s review some of the different options available on the market.
Maxi Vertical Climber
The Maxi Climber is a vertical climber which simulates rock or wall climbing. As such your entire body is engaged which quickly gets muscles firing and calories burning. This adjustable machine has many user-friendly functions along with ergonomically adjustable settings. The Maxi Climber is ideal for burning calories as well as promoting excellent cardiovascular health, and muscle fitness.
- Total body workout targets all of your major muscle groups
- With a focus on your upper body, you can become stronger and not just thinner
- Over-engineered with a sturdy design
- Affordable for home use
- Comes pre-assembled,and collapsible for convenient storage
- Improves posture & cardiovascular fitness
- There is a learning curve associated with using a product like this
- Not Suitable for users over 240 lbs
Sunny Folding Climbing Stepper
Sunny Health and Fitness Folding Climbing is an excellent low-impact workout machine which is ideal for indoor mountain climbing. It is ideal for climbing training as it effectively targets and tones the upper, core, and lower body. This folding stepper has twelve adjustable resistance levels, allowing the user to both enjoy a smooth workout as well as challenge themselves to reach greater fitness levels. This equipment is ideal for the frequent traveler who still wants to work out on the go owing to its portable and lightweight design. Keep the Sunny Folding Climbing Stepper anywhere in your home, car, or office to enjoy its benefits.
- Great low-impact machine
- Onboard display monitoring time and calories
- Highly portable
- Twelve adjustable resistance levels to tailor your workout
- Immobile bar handles
- Some of the taller people to use this equipment complain that their knees occasionally hit the resistance cylinders
- Not the most effective upper body workout
Conquer Vertical Climber Fitness Climbing Machine
The Conquer Vertical Climber is our choice for the most budget-friendly machine on the market. It provides a great workout, despite lacking the option to vary resistance levels. It sports a sleek design of metal framework making setup and storage a breeze. The Conquer Vertical Climber provides for natural climbing mechanics, which encourages a full range of motion. The handles are ergonomically designed for user comfort. Additionally the Conquer Vertical Climber provides an onboard counter which allows for tracking elapsed workout time and calorie-burn.
- Sleek, steel frame design
- Ergonomic handlebars
- smooth operation during exercise, promoting full range of motion
- It doesn’t have variable resistance settings
MultiSports ST-2200 Stair Climber
This robust cardio machine provides a strong and stable base, as it is manufactured using heavy duty steel. The Eddy Current Brake Resistance system was engineered with ease of operability and smooth workout flow in mind, while also imitating a natural climbing motion. This stair climber comes with a large LCD console pre-set with six workout programs as well as readouts of all of your vital workout statistics. An included hand-rail heart monitors enables a constant real-time pulse readout.
- Durable and reliable
- Six pre-set workouts
- Hand-Rail Heart-rate monitor
- Eddy Current Brake Resistance system
- Smooth operation and natural climbing motion
- One of the pricier options available
- Large form, which might not be ideal for those with smaller apartments or workout spaces
Maxi Climber Total Body Workout
A beefed-up version of your typical vertical climber, with extra handle grips. With the additional grips, the user can focus on additional arm and shoulder muscle challenges, thus receiving more of an upper body workout than some of it’s competitors in the market, while also increasing calorie burn and muscle toning.
- Durable handle grips
- Extended range of motion for a greater workout
- Manufactured with solid steel construction
- Enhance focus on the arms and shoulders
- Fully adjustable to accommodate taller users
Stair climbing exercise equipment is a proven path to total body fitness. Even the more basic and economic models utilize body-weight resistance, which is more than enough for beginner and advanced fitness enthusiast alike. Stair climbers are great for toning and shaping of the butt, hips, upper and lower body, as well as your core muscle groups. Stair climbers also do a great job with fat loss and cardiovascular fitness.